Market Development Manager- Healthcare
Company: Gast Manufacturing
Location: Sterling Heights
Posted on: November 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Scope of the role: As a strategic member of GAST's OEM team, Market
Development Manager is responsible for owning and driving growth in
Healthcare market segment. Market Development Manager is
responsible for forging partnerships with key medical device
manufacturers, identifying growth opportunities; building high,
wide and deep industry connections; driving new specifications;
managing projects start to finish; and ultimately driving
profitable growth by focusing on North American Healthcare market
The position requires up to 60% overnight travel (primarily
- Develop strategic alliances with target customers to develop
and grow the healthcare market.
- Drive profitable growth through understanding of our
applications for compressors and vacuum pumps, transferring that
knowledge into identifying target customers.
- Spark innovation through building stakeholder relationships
with research, engineering, and product development leaders within
the customers' organization.
- Accelerate product launches through leading cross-functional
teams (engineering, operations, product management, and marketing).
Get GAST's solutions specified to support customers' new product
- Research market trends, evaluate customer needs, and capture
competitive intelligence such as product and service performance
- Support the development of a long-term strategic plan; develop
and execute an annual operating plan to deliver financial results,
including orders, revenues, margins, and account receivables.
- Support the long-term vision of GAST by supporting the
development of training tools and programs.
- Collaborate with other business units to achieve win-win
Measures of Performance:
- Creation and maintenance of an opportunity funnel that will
help the organization achieve its 3-year growth goal
- Identification of growing trends in Healthcare where GAST is
well suited to support the application requirements
- Supporting the larger commercial organization as it relates to
target markets and customers
- Focus and drive critical initiatives of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering or related
- 5-10 years of specialized business development experience
selling to the medical devices industry.
- Experience in qualifying and specifying components in the
Medical device industry.
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
tools is preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer-centric attitude, business acumen, and not
afraid of prospecting
- Strong analytical thinking, organizational, and collaboration
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion capabilities
- Ability to influence and communicate across all roles and
levels, both internally and externally
GAST Manufacturing, a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the essential duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Sterling Heights , Market Development Manager- Healthcare, Executive , Sterling Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!