Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
SUMMARY: - -Assembles electronic components, subassemblies,
products, or systems, which include soldering together components
to assemble fabricated metal items, as specified by work orders,
diagrams, or layout.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: -
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample
assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each
other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements,
press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors,
transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and
connects wires between individual component leads and other
components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in probes.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs,
and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting,
encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping,
etching, and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified
electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure
parts and assemblies -meet production specifications and
- Uses hand tools such as long nose pliers, side cutter and
soldering iron to perform work.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with
- May refer to technical drawings, engineering notices, etc.
- Reassembles or reworks (solder) units as required.
- Adhere to safety and company policies and procedures. Performs
other duties as requested, directed or assigned.ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Ability to work overtime when needed with short notice
- Ability to successfully complete internal Soldering
Certification within six months from hire date.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to follow workplace safety standards and company
policies and procedures. -
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute to building a
positive team spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION: - Minimum high school diploma or general education
degree GED. -EXPERIENCE: - Minimum one-year previous manufacturing
assembly or electronic/technical work experience preferred.
Soldering experience is preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: - Good hand/eye
coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts. - -
Work is typically performed at a variety of locations within the
department (which includes walking or standing some of the time).
-The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. - When possible reasonable
accommodations may be made which would enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. - Specific vision abilities required by this job
include but are not limited to: close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. -
When required, must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs and up to 50
lbs.#CareForTomorrowAt AMETEK STC we believe in building a
sustainable future for our customers, colleagues, suppliers, and
the communities in which we operate. We take an active role in
promoting real change, by contributing to a healthy, fair, and
sustainable society in many of the countries our facilities are
located. We call it #CareForTomorrow!
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Sterling Heights , Assembler I, Other , Peck, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!