Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating
machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines,
and grinder, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as
dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as
fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines
sequence of operations.
* Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck,
collet, or toolpost). Positions and secures workpiece in holding
device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
* Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each
other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut. Sets
up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns handwheel
to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
* Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil
against tool and workpiece. Observes operation of machine and
verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
* Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine
tools such as welding machines and flame-cutting equipment. Adhere
to safety and company policies and procedures.
* Complete all on-the-job training and other required training as
assigned. Perform all duties and task in accordance with work
instructions, quality standards and company policies.
* Record, measure, or report results and take corrective actions
when needed. Communicate with others, supervisors and managers in a
professional and respectful manner.
* Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions.
Maintain work area clean and free of clutter.
Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* 6+ months of relevant work experience in a machine/manufacturing
environment. Vocational or technical certification is a plus.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and to work
overtime as needed.
* Ability to follow workplace safety standards.
* Excellent interpersonal skills under stressful situations and the
ability to organize and prioritize.
* Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and
* Have the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from
customers, colleagues and members of the business community when
* Able to calculate figures and amounts such as basic
* Ability to define basic problems, collect data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs. and up to 50 lbs.
At AMETEK STC we believe in building a sustainable future for our
customers, colleagues, suppliers, and the communities in which we
operate. We take an active role in promoting real change, by
contributing to a healthy, fair, and sustainable society in many of
the countries our facilities are located. We call it
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more
productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology
solutions to solve our customers' most complex challenges. We
employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our
core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual,
Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility.
AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit
www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359.
Nearest Major Market: Flint
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Sterling Heights , Machine Operator, Other , Peck, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!